Friends of Jerusalem Mill
Events: In addition to our normal weekend Saturday and Sunday living History program from 1:00 to 4:00 PM:
1. MD Regional Race: On Thursday, 5 Nov 2015, the Friends of Jerusalem Mill hosted the Maryland State Regional Cross Country race on the hayfield behind the visitor parking lot. Over five hundred runners, coaches and visitors attended the race which started at 2:30 PM. There was some difficulties with buses/cars picking up the runners and visitors due to the elimination of Daylight Saving Time (it got darker earlier then expected), but, with the help of the Harford County Sheriff Office, it all turned out good.
2. 8 Mile Race: On Sunday, 8 Nov 2015, the Friends of Jerusalem Mill hosted an "Eight Mile Cross Country Race" for the Baltimore Roadrunners on the hayfield behind the visitor parking lot. Over seventy runners attended the race.
3. St Paul Campfire: On Sunday, 8 Nov 2015, the Friends of Jerusalem Mill hosted the local St Paul Church campfire service in the island below the Grist Mill. Over fifty members of St Paul attended the service.On Saturday, 14 Nov 2015, two dozen Cub Scouts (and equal number of adult leaders) from Pack 934 volunteered to clear the Little Gunpowder Trail of trash and fallen branches and used some of the split firewood for their cooking and night-time campfire. A good job and a good time was enjoyed by all.
4. 50K Race: On Saturday, 21 Nov 2015, the Friends of Jerusalem Mill hosted a "Fifty Kilometer" Cross Country Race on the Little Gunpowder Trail, starting and ending at the Historical Jerusalem Mill Village. Over fifty runners started and forty-three finished the entire course. It was a beautiful day and everyone had a fantastic time.
5. Tavern Night: On Saturday, 21 Nov 2015, the Friends of Jerusalem Mill hosted a Colonial Tavern Night for the Ships Company of the U.S.S. Constellation. Everyone enjoyed dinner, listening to period music and signing. An exceptional time was enjoyed by all.
6. GFSP Staff BRKFT: On Tuesday, 24 Nov 2015, the Friends of Jerusalem Mill and Percy Lee Dairy Farm Foundation hosted a breakfast for the GFSP staff to honor five of the newest "Park Rangers" that graduated on Friday, 20 Nov 2015 and to honor a lifetime of service to Major Peyton Taylor as she retires and joins the Park Service of the State of New York.
7. Bike Friday: On Friday, 26 Nov 2015, the Friends of Jerusalem Mill hosted the Gunpowder United Mountain Bike Operators "Bike Friday" starting at and ending at Historical Jerusalem Mill. Over seventy bikers participated, with over twenty "new-bees" that were just introduced to the central area trails.